Adult Workforce Programs
In order to gain admission to any of our programs, fill out an application online here on this website, then we will send you a link for an online test. Once you have obtained passing scores on the online test, a staff member will discuss next steps with you. The cost of our programs is $2,500 dollars. There are potentially many partners who can provide support to cover these costs and NewBridge has a limited number of scholarships for students who do not qualify for assistance from any of our partners.
- Phlebotomy Enrollment, we are currently accepting applications for the cohort that will begin on March 8, 2021.
- PCA Enrollment, we are currently accepting applications for the cohort that will begin on May 17, 2021.
This six week (180 hours) training program prepares students to collect blood specimens for testing and analysis in clinical labs.
Courses taught during the didactic portion of the training are:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Medical Terminology
- Specimen Collection, Procedures and Techniques
- Professional Development and Communication
- Basic Computer Skills
During this six week program, students will learn to skillfully draw blood as well as the soft skills needed to become employed as a top notch Phlebotomist.Apply
Patient Care Assistant (PCA)
This six week (180 hours) training program prepares students for a fast- paced position in a hospital or home care setting. Students will learn to provide quality patient care using specialized nursing skills.
Courses taught during this program are:
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Infection Control
- Safety and Emergency Procedures
- Anatomy-Disease & Disorders
- Promoting Independence and Residents Rights
- Basic Nursing Skills and Personal Care Skills
- Compliance and Safety related to the Work Place
- Therapeutic Communication Skills and Religious and Cultural Compentency Techniques