Professional Development & Classroom Offerings
Professional development for teachers and nonprofit professionals
Facilitated by experienced NewBridge Social Emotional Learning (SEL) practitioners, the professional development for teachers and nonprofit professionals is a customizable training program that improves morale, communication and overall effectiveness.
According to the Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL), SEL is the process through which children and adults acquire and effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions.
SEL Based Professional Development Focuses on Topics Including:
- Restorative Approaches
- SEL in the Classroom
- Non-Violent Communication
- Preventing Trauma Contagion
- Mindfulness/Wellness for professionals working with students who have experienced trauma.
Design an hour, two-hour, half-day, all-day or multi-day experience for your staff to learn integral professional development topics.
Call us today at 216-867-9775 to explore the options!
Five Reasons Why SEL is So Important (Found at Education Week):
- Routines ground us and provide a feeling of safety and security.
- Safety and security are needed to authentically build social-emotional skills.
- Students need an opportunity to identify and express emotions on a daily basis.
- Teachers need time to check in with students on a daily basis.
- Empathy and other social-emotional skills are just like any other muscle in your body: they need to be flexed regularly in order to grow.
Read the full article
Please call us at 216-867-9775 to discuss the possibilities for this crucial professional development training.