Youth SEL Programs
CLE l LEAD Drop-In
Are you interested in getting out of the house and going to a safe environment to explore your creative side? Or looking to simply study and relax in a different and positive environment from the one you’ve been quarantined in lately? NewBridge Cleveland’s CLE l LEAD safe space, drop-in center is here for you! Due to COVID-19 restrictions, CLE l LEAD is currently operating as a safe space, drop-in center for any and only high school students of Cleveland. We are a trauma-informed, social emotional learning facility, and we operate our youth safe space with that lens and intention.
While we are not in regular, formalized programming at the time, there are still many resources available to you here at our safe space, drop-in center. We provide a safe, warm, friendly, and inclusive environment in a clean and beautiful building, where you can kick back, relax, and just do you! We know that the past year has been difficult and trying for so many, so we want to be available to all Cleveland-Area high school students as a place where they can destress and be themselves. We have studios full of art supplies that you can utilize while you’re here. We have free wifi and internet access, along with snacks and transportation assistance if needed.
Must Have Info:
- Safe space, drop-in center is open Mondays through Fridays, from 9:00am – 5:00pm. Closed All Holidays
- Have Questions? Email Bethany Monteiro (or BAM) at email@example.com or call at 330-234-8974
- For more information or connection from BAM, please apply online at the below link. All students attending the drop-in center will need to complete an online application.
Virtual SEL Programming
For the past year, NewBridge has engaged with students and community partners through virtual SEL programming, which thus far has been a great success! Bethany Monteiro (or BAM) has worked with community partners to customize much needed SEL programming for students in these difficult times. Programming has been facilitated for all school levels, elementary through high school, and is created in partnership with national-level, evidence-based SEL curriculum. NewBridge has facilitated sessions with students, focusing on concepts of stress management, empathy, active listening, effective communication, identity, appreciating diversity, self-efficacy, relationship skills, feelings of connection or belonging, goal setting and achieving, and many more! SEL is needed now more than ever, with all we endure in the world today. If you would like to improve the happiness, self-worth, and communication of your students, contact us today to discuss customizable SEL programming!
Must Have Info:
- All virtual programming is available upon contacting, scheduling, and contracting with NewBridge. Please contact Bethany Monteiro (or BAM) for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once a virtual program has been confirmed, all participants of that program will need to apply online to NewBridge’s youth programming, link below.
- Since COVID, NewBridge has conducted virtual SEL programming for Cleveland Metropolitan School District high schools and middle schools, fellow community non-profits, public libraries, youth programs through public hospitals, and is open and looking for more opportunities to conduct programming with Cleveland-Area schools outside of the Cleveland Metropolitan School District.
CLE l LEAD Summer Internship
If you have been with us and enjoyed any of our wonderful moments together and would like to spend more time with us, but under different and PAID circumstances, our high school summer internship may just be perfect for you! Every year we hire youth who are currently established in any of our programming or have been involved in any our programming within the previous year. As a youth summer intern, you will work as camp counselors or community ambassadors (painting murals, planning community projects, and mentoring middle school students). For six weeks you will work and train with NewBridge staff, improve your resume, and gain experience you will need to find a job in the future!Apply